Summers Start..!!


Hi bloggu,

Man,had so much to post on 14,but the damned Net gave away!! A silly sa love note tha,ek bahut introspective post tha,sabh kuch gaya!

Neways,today was mah first day at mah Office :D.And as they say,I was 'raring to go'.So much so that,I arrived 80 mins before time :O!! Nahi,not my fault,I was told to report at 10,my peers were told to report at 11.I was there at 9.48.Pata hai,while going to the Off,I was wondering how come my action-filled life witnessed no event on this important day.....and the Auto's tyre went Pfffftttttttttt..Tire Puncture.I thanked my stars for functioning properly.200 meters to the Off,abhi chal kar hi chale jaaten hain.Glance at my watch 9.43.Hmm,and I couldnt recall where exactly the Off was!!I gave myself 5 mins to find the off, or call up and scream for Help!Thankfully,within 5 mins I was at the place.I was told certain Mr.Rohan is incharge of the interns.Waited and waited.Wished my cell had Minesweeper inbuilt :(.It was 10.10 now.I tght of "My unc is the State Home Minister,how can you keep me waiting" tactic,but decided against it.I dunno who the State HM is.

A nice sweet looking guy went by.I smiled and he smiled back.Now dont get ideas,he was the one who had interviewed us earlier,so this was the "Hi,How are you?" smile.I was hoping against hope that I get a smart-intelligent/nice-dumb guy as my Project Guide,but as it always,u get the opp.So I was prepared for both.

:D :D :D :D :D Rohan was the guy I smiled at :D :D :D :D :D ! Yippee!As I had arrived pretty early than other candidates,he showed me around,gave the modules to see the way they are designed,spoke about the company,and blah blah (By now,I wasnt listening,anymore :D).By 11,the remn turned up.The Principal Consultant came in then.As he started addressing us,a client came,so he had to go.We had to wait.11,11.30,11.45,12...one of the gals spoke up ( We were 3 gals n 3 guys )..."Let's go and call him,he cant keep us waiting like this" (??!!!)Hullo lady,am here since 9.45 and you walked in just an hour ago!! Me :- "Be a lil patient,he has a client to attend to.I'm sure he's not making us wait on purpose." She:- "But they cant take us for granted like this!" Mama mia,who are "We" btw? Some hotshots from NASA ? Career start hua nahi,attitude has already paid a visit! Me thought,Wht's the point in arguing? Just smiled at her and went back to the module I was reading.

12.15 he walked in.Intro done,Briefing done,Deadlines given -week by week and now came the time for the actual Project to be assigned to each one.2 in HR and the remn 5 in a module they are designing for 4 verticals - IT,ITes,Manufacturing and Insurance.I obv,wanted the HR one.And he gave me "Customer Problems faced by Employees". I was like,"WHATTTTTTTTTTTT???????????????" (Ok,I didnt shout that way,but am sure my expression did the needful!) He then went on and on about how we design the modules,but I wasnt listening.My proj completely shattered my hopes of having an HR internship.Nopes,I had to talk to him about this.

After the briefing,I went to his cabin and stated my concern.He smiled and said,"Zarine,you were intrested in Training and Devlp,atleast that's what you told me in the intv,right?"
"Yeah,but I dont see how this proj is anyway related to T & D"
"Ok,this is one of the most critical modules of this Firm.You tell me,after you induct trainees,what do you train them about?"
"About their Job requirements,skills and attitude reqd,how they work in tht Company,and how they deal with people inside n outside the company."
"Internal and External customers?"
"Yeah"
"Exactly.Your project deals with what are the problems employees face while interacting with internal and external customers,address the problems,design a module to solve the problems in such a way that our client can implement it in their Training Program for their employees.You also state the requirements one should have to handle such situations.HR related?
"Yes!"
"Training and Development related?"
"Yess!And I need to work out a module for all the 4 verticals?"
"Yes,that'll give you a complete idea of each industry and their problems.Once done with the basic design,you go to few companies in each domain and question the Supervisors and Managers about this,get the data and design accordingly.Am I clear?"
"Yes,Sir"
"Good.Now that you have already been given your deadlines,get prepared to attend the Training Session we are holding for Satyam Computers employees tomorrow.Get the feel of a training session and after that we'll have a half day training session for all of you on how to design and implement modules.Fine?"
"Yes,Sir!"
"Do we meet tommorrow,then?"
"Yes!"

And I walk out of the Office grinning like an idiot :)).Not bad to start with,what say? ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Principle 1.

Killer V.

Principle 4.