The Fact.

"The central part of my own life is my death. After a while,it will all come to nothing. Whenever I have the courage to face this, my priorities become clear. At such times nothing is done in order to achieve something else. No energy is wasted on maintaining the illusions. My image does not matter, I do not worry about how I am doing. I do what I do, am what I am. That's it. The imminence of my own death is the pivot around which things turn. This makes what is going on now all that counts."


"All relationships are temporary. It's so terribly hard to remember that we have so little time. We stall, kid ourselves, promise that we will deal with things some time soon. Not only are there many things that we never get around dealing with, but even when we do, there is so damn much waste in the process, so much unnecessary distance between ourselves and those with whom we try to make a life."




© Sheldon B. Koop.

Comments

Anonymous said…
relationships are temporary... moments spent are eternal... cherish those moments and enjoy the life... death is truth ... you can't avoid... so why worry... have fun with the life you got...
Anonymous said…
So true...and so well written....
I had been a PGite and a regular to your blog(toughmorns)for morethan a year now(although never commented).....
And must say you have an amazing ability to put passion in whatever you write.....
Keep up :)
Anonymous said…
Humm... I agree what chaos had to say. had been following your blog since quite a time, but posting for the first time.

Popular posts from this blog

Principle 1.

Killer V.

Principle 4.