The Gestalt Prayer

I do my thing
And you do your thing.
I am not in this world to live up to your expectations
And you are not in this world to live up to mine.
You are you and I am I.

And if by chance we find each other,it's beautiful,
If not, it can't be helped.

- Fritz Perls

The key idea of the statement is the endorsement of a focus on living in response to one's own needs; it also expresses an idea about people who respectively can help fulfill another's needs in fulfilling their own: when they "find each other, it's beautiful."



Immediately following that optimistic note, the final six words are "If not, it can't be helped".


Beautiful.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey, this is just my way of thinking..
Neither too joyous & euphoric, nor too morose & pessimistic, just a quiet hopeful pragmatism tucked away somewhere..
Yaar Zarine, tumne to bilkul mere man ki baat likh di..
Kudos, keep going...
Anonymous said…
Thanks Sameer :).

I do believe that one should always strike a balance between dreams and reality.Neither get too dreamy-eyed nor too pragmatic..neither too euphoric nor too depressed..:)
Anonymous said…
Hi,

Yet another gr8888888 post :))
Whenever I feel low, I always
visit your blog...it makes me
feel better...seriously!!

Btw conveyed your msg to Smita...

Hey, where's your post on "Transactional
Analysis"...long due??

Regards,
Aparna
Anonymous said…
wonderful lines :) simply gr8..
the best thing about such lines is.. how one express certain thoughts.. certain feelings.. in life in such simple words :)

tata..
take care..
nidhi
Anonymous said…
@ Aparna - Aww,tht's a real nice compliment dearie :). Transactional Analysis...am doing some work on it,will make a post when am done :).

@ Nidhi - One can express all this in simple words coz life IS simple, sweetheart. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Principle 1.

Killer V.

Principle 4.