Same feather,flock together....sick.

This one of the rare occassions where am opining on something I'm yet to have full knowledge of.

Have heard of networks and their importance.Of Alumni helping out their alumnus.Over the past few weeks I've seen how it works.Their's a job opening in your company,and you flock to your B-school and get it filled.You apply your resources first.And more often than not,the seat is filled.How fair is this practice?

I've read about internal sources of recruitment,where the employees refer their pals/acquaintances for job vacancies.Saves lotsa cost to the company.But at who's cost?Such kind of practices lead to formation of clusters/sub groups in the company,which in turn promotes favouratism. Infact,in my college itself,there's one gang of all Gujju students,one gang of all delhites and so on...the telugu gang even has its own Y! group and club outings!

What's wrong with us?? Why try to form such groups wherever you go? Understood,you are away frm ur place and finding someone who's frm the same place brings in a feeling of belonging,but to what extent can one let it affect you ? I shun the idea of belonging to any group. I dont want to restrict myself to one gang and be called as a "Hydie".Not that I'm ashamed of being one,but I refuse to be branded one and treated like one.I am what I am.The place,the people dont define me.Any dance party,the Punjabi gang is the first one to participate and bring in all the punjus to fill the remaning seats.Ghettos.Tht's wht we are creating.Each wants to stay with their own.None wants to go out and embrace all.

And the same trait carries itself into your corporate life.Favour folks from ur B-school.Others are trash.Accepted,you have certain duties as the alumni,but when in the Company,you are paid to hire the best,not your favourites.Tht's not the time to perform the alumni duties.You are cheating your company of a better talent which might be present outside your School.

That's just one side of the story,and before passing a verdict,I'd take a counter stand and examine it.But if this is what forms the major crux of it,then out with Internal Recruitment Policies in my company.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Principle 1.

Killer V.

Choice to choose.