Chalk and Cheese.

Aaj,I saw 2 different families.Totally in contrast with each other.

Family 1:- The father is a B.Com Grad.Right now in Middle East,working and minting money.Has 2 daughters.The entire family stays in there,except for their daughter who stays in India for her studies.Daughter leads a pretty wild life here.Of course,stays all alone n none to question,so it's bound to happen.No culture,doesnt know how to behave decently infront of others.Daughter is doing MBA,coz she has nothing better to do for the next 2 years (Her reason,ad verbatim).Got 5 buildings in Hyd,a Merc and a Porsche in Mid East plus a villa in Dubai.All of them meet once in a year for world tours.


Family 2:-The father is also a B.Com grad.Has 3 sons.2 IIM passouts,both married and one son doing his MBA frm Welingkar.None of them intend to work outside India.These folks have 2 flats and a Scorpio.A visit to their house and the culture,values reflect back.The boys are very down to earth,and believe in leading a life which gives more peace of mind than dollars.I asked one of them,"Dont u think,that is ur defence against not being ambitious and aggressive.U know,the laidback attitude of 'Take it as it comes'?Why dont you want to go abroad,if you have the chance?( He had a PPO frm a good firm)"
He smiled and replied,"Why should I?Earning money is not the motive of my life.I want to live my life with my family around,in the place I've being brought up,with friends who matter around me.Why would I give all this up for the sake of dollars?"
"But dont u think,people define you successful only if you are earning dollars,have riches and belong to the elite class?Arnt u missing being in the hot circuit?"
"I'd define myself as successful,if I can live life the way Dad did.Not letting success reach ur head,staying rooted to the ground,and giving your family the first priority.Money is just the means to this end."
"And do u think,your bro's MBA from Welingkar will lead to a less illustrious career than both of urs?The 'IIM' tag aint there,right?"
"Well,yeah...initially it'll be difficult for him.But I think,that process of breaking thru' will teach him more abt his field than what both of us know.And 10 years down the line,he'll be better in his field than us,who got it easily coz of the tag.All this provided,he doesnt give up on himself."

I badly wanted to ask him,err...why arnt they more better off..!! He read my thghts (Ouch!) and smiled (I love guys who smile before and after they make a point!) "You dont have to show it to prove it." Woah! "Like I said,it's just the means.It should be there when we need it,and trust me,it's safely there!" We both laughed. Cool chap.

And this incident only made me strengthen wht I believed :- I'd anyday prefer a life which has more warmth,love and support than money.More time to smile and smell the roses instead of running around for fame.Live a life which is worth the effort :).Immortal fame post your death wont get back the life bygone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Principle 1.

Killer V.

Principle 4.