Kiska rasta dekhe aey dil aey saudaai

The lush green scenery reflects back at me from work station…I look ahead and see row and rows of workstations. Sometimes when I have time, I go thru the pagalguy.com site…dunno, that site has become a habit…if I don’t have anything to do, I head to it. Not an active contributor anymore, but like reading articles there.

 

So there’s one thread on “No IIM calls even after 99%ile - All izz not well”.  This thread has candidates ranting on the IIM selection methodology and how their lives are now ruined…so much hard work, still no call.

 

Circa 2003, when we were preparing for CAT, the IIMs did seem like the most important thing ever. Then getting a good summer placement, then a good job, then a good salary, then a good position, then a promotion, a better salary, a better position, a better promotion. 4 years have gone by since MBA days and I see the futility of it all. Being in HR allows you an exclusive view of the organization. Ha! So every time anyone talks about performance linked bonuses, you stifle a laugh.

 

Somehow my belief of not making my job my life seems more and more right these days. Though I’m afraid that should this attitude make me complacent, I wont have a life thanks to not having a job.

 

I’m reading this book “Dork” which Nikhz shared with me. Every night when I cant sleep, I read that book. It’s an awesome lullaby. I have finished 24 pages in 10 days so far…yeh..thats all it takes…roughly 2 pages of that book to put me to sleep. I had expected so much better from Sidin, but he falls into the trap of “chetan bhagat style humour”. I have to force myself to read this book. Its so bad. But good, if you want to go to sleep. Everything has its use, I guess.

 

I miss reading Nikhil’s blog…dude is it possible u input my work id and direct the feeds there..I cant access it from my work site and I don’t have a personal laptop.

 

I know u love me. Till next time…hasta luego.

 

Ps – the title has no connection..it was just a song I was humming while drumming away at the keypad.

 

 

 

Comments

Nikhil said…
Have given ur genpact id as a request to subscribe....confirm the subscription..


Hasta luego !!

Popular posts from this blog

Principle 1.

Killer V.

Principle 4.