Day 3

Hey folks,

 

Well, today’s the third day at work and not much is happening…umm..as in I met my boss on the first day and got my deliverables for the next three months…just that what I got for three months is something I can finish my march end itself. And I don’t want to tell her that and add more stuff to my list coz am sure, she’ll keep passing ad hoc stuff to me anyways.

 

She’s an amazing lady, my boss. Her English amazes everyone. I intend to capture all those gems as and when they’re spoken and pass them on for greater human good. Some stuff she’s said till now:

 

“Carlos, I know you going but when you come back, for this project, I want u on top of me”

 

“Yesterday and today I will be going early to home on personal high”

 

“Are you kidding me my job”

 

“Can you mail me this so I can flag the pole”

 

Could only get these many in the cumulative 20 mins that I’ve had with her on 2 days. Shall keep updating, though. BTW, she thinks the task of processing letters in MS word for 300 employees, with their emp details and bonuses in MS Excel format, would take me 2 weeks. I make a note to not introduce her to Mail Merge.

 

I’ve been talking to the ERMs here and they totally don’t like her. The poor team is so high on will but low on skill. Pankaj (AVP, HR) would be in next week…actually, its coz Pankaj is coming and will hold the fort for a year atleast, is why most of my deliverables have been revisited. Suzzette has 3 items which she might pass onto me once she discusses it with Pankaj. So, work might gradually increase in the coming weeks.

 

Might most prolly move into an apartment by weekend…lets see.

 

Ah! There you go…Ma’am has just sent 2 more deliverables on which she’d ‘want to know my thoughts’. Does “I don’t want to do them” work?

 

Cya later guys,

 

Z.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Principle 1.

Killer V.

Principle 4.