Change ko badlo!

Change. I should be christened as the Change Agent of the Year. My personal life has seen much of it. And now professional life follows suit. I move to another assignment…my third in the last 18 months! What an 18 months it has been….facilitating HR for a new business in an established Unit to facilitating it for the oldest business in the same unit. Now moving on to handling it for a new business with a totally different unit. Different customer, diff rules, diff culture. The good part? In just 1.5 years, I get to handle the entire HR dept on my own. Wing to wing. The HR health will be directly proportional to my efforts & results.

Wow. That sure gives me a kick. I thought I would be apprehensive….but I have known myself enough to understand that the only time I get apprehensive is when…..umm….hmmm..err… You get it, right? J

Experience man….trust it to teach you like nothing else can. Folks out in the market think (and this I know from the innumerable consultants who call me) that in 1.5 yrs, one is still an HR Exec and shld be happy doing some dead man’s job (read back office & admin). When I did oblige them and attended one of the interviews with a leading Finance company, the guys there were eating out of my hand. Obviously they expected to see a ‘wet behind the ears’ greenhorn who wouldn’t know anything about Employee Relations. Post the interview, they offered me a Manager’s post! Beat that! Man, when I told my guy this….he asked me to go jump from the seventh floor…for I could only fly higher from there! (Now, what did that mean??! )

Am feeling good. Good about myself. And good about the fact that when I had a lean period in my career, I chose to speak to my boss about it, rather than crib. That I bid my time…and was patient enough to give things a chance.

And I also feel good about my guy. He bore the brunt of my mood swings & tantrums…held my hand when I was feeling lllooooowwwwww…and kept egging me to stay positive.

Take a bow, my love!

And here I comeeeeee………..Vvvvvrrrrrrrrroooooooooommmmmmmmmmm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Principle 1.

Killer V.

Principle 4.