'KANK'y stuff.

When I first saw the trailers, I developed disgust for this movie. Yet another mega starrer-tear jerker. Why cant they use stars for a better purpose?!

On a sad sunday noon, me and mom decided to watch this one. All geared up for a sloppy show, I left the theater thinking "Finally, Bollywood is growing up."

I found the movie interesting. Because it had so many flawed characters. None was perfect..(Abhishek came close to being the perfect man, but the night he makes Rani realize her 'inadequacies', lo..! he's one amongst us.)

I wonder...

  • If SRK would've fallen in love with Rani if she was a successful woman, like his wifey.
  • If Abhishek ever cared to look beyond his own nose. "I love..I love..I love..; She doesnt...she doesnt...she doesnt." Ever cared to find out why she doesnt...?
  • Why couldnt Rani get over her obsession with "Love" and cast one caring glance at her hubby...
  • If their (SRK and Rani's) love was so true and strong, why didnt they tell it all and walk out on their partners, instead of leaving each other-crying copious tears in front of their partners-getting ditched-staying all alone for goddamned 3 years?
  • Why after 3 years it was "Oh my god, he's alone..am alone too...lets unite!" sorta convenient thingie?
  • Why do Abhi and Preity feel they could decide for their partners as well?
  • Why couldnt Preity slow down and match SRK's pace in life? You cant live life your own way, and then say "he doesnt understand."

Am sure, many more would pop up... but this movie made me more averse to the whole marriage syst. It's just too demanding on one's nerves..!!


© Zarine.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice analysis. Can't really disagree with it.

Can't really disagree with the conclusion of the post, either :)

Popular posts from this blog

Principle 1.

Killer V.

Principle 4.