Friends Forever



Alright...I got bored of not bloggin :P.

But the reason I finally decided to punch in words on this blog was my pal,Chinnu.And am gonna get real senti here :P.

Once upon a time,a decade back, I had to separate from someone. That someone who was responsible for so many 'first's' in my life.

My first best friend.
My first sacrifice for a friend,came thanks to her.
My first rebellion against my parents.

We stayed in touch through letters and cards ( she hates emails!!) all these years..havent seen how we look after those lanky teenage years...but then,we lost touch in the past two years.

She was busy with her interior decoration career and I was busy with God knows what :)).And outta blue she called today :).I gasped so loudly in my office,my colleagues thought I had seen a ghost :P. She still rem'bers :).

And her call brought all back all those years...from my 3 std to 6 std flooding back into my memory.

Infact,my first 'sacrifice' for a pal is a cute story which still makes me smile...:)
In my 5 std,we had a very strict Arts teacher who would make anyone who didnt bring the drawing book kneel down in the hot compound during the class!And as luck would have it,Chinnu forgot to get hers that day.When the teacher went around for checking,I quickly handed over my book to Chinnu and was punished for not having a book.
After the 30 mins class,when Chinnu came out to the compound,she was all teary eyed and said,"Sorry Zarine...I'll do anything for you.." And,I,equally teary eyed coz of the pain in the knees,replied "No chinnu,just get all your books from next time." ...:) Those were the days...

And of course,how can I forget the way I had rebelled against my parents coz they wanted to break my friendship with her.All thanks to the fact that in 7 std she had a boyfriend!! Jeez...I was so thrilled when she had told me tht :)).Dad had warned me...no more letters and cards..and I stubbornly refused!Every lil thing tht happened,we use to pen it down and dash it to the post office!Some letters were as big as 4 lines too :)).

Not to mention,the way she was by my side when a boy in my class was making my life hell.She'd keep adjusting her seating position in a way that would obstruct that boy from looking at me...and all this so that I could concentrate in the class.. :)..Man,what a period it was...and the way we cut that boy to size :)).

People say,long distance relations dont last long.I'd disagree,if you want,things can and will last.All that you need is the convinction to keep it going :).I'll be meeting her sometime soon this year :).

And this is for all my pals...all of them who arn't here with me,but still by my side :-

"Stay Around :)".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Principle 1.

Killer V.

Principle 4.