Of Ghosts & Dogs.

It's been a while. Things havnt changed much between the last post & this one. Except that I find myself a bit more confident these days. Owe it to the promotion & a direct reportee or owe it to the fact that you've seen enough to know that things just happen. The world doesnt crash if you dont meet the deadlines. Hasnt yet, ever.

Not really a retrospective post this, but more of an observation kinds. Observation fed by thoughts of near & dear ones.

"You should often do what you fear the most. This way death of fear is certain" - Mark Twain

How do we define our fears? By the consequences? I'm actually scared of ghosts. And dogs. But I still remember all those nights when there was no power & my mind made things just more difficult. It would be difficult to sleep as I'd be on high alert. Now, why do I fear ghosts? Coz I have no control over them and I cant possibly combat them either. That's the problem. If I knew that on sighting a ghost you should make a face & its gone...it would've made life easier. I already give in to its fear before even facing one!!

And dogs?? I detest them. If I find even 1 looking in my direction, my heartbeat starts racing. But I still remember the day when one dog actually chased me. I ran...scared...and suddenly when I knew it would out run me, I turned around to face it. I dunno what got into me to make me think that my fist, if it lands right on its nose, should help me!! But I turned and almost started snarling at that beast when it changed its course and went away. I stood there, breathless. Not that this incident made me overcome the fear...I still feel scared of them. But now I know I'll fight back if that damned beast ever acts smart.

The point being, we cannot overcome our fears until we face them. Or even after we face them. No matter what, trust on oneself is mandatory to survive. The biggest demon lies within us. Kill it, if you have to.



© Zarine.

Comments

Ye manzilen !! said…
Well, Intrseting!

I wonder what that "dog" has to say about the whole thingy, and how he feels when poor thing finds you angry.....

Koi aadmi ka baccha ho to keh de
"Un kko aata hai piyar pe Gussa
Hum ko gusse pe Piyaar aata hai!"

:)P
Anonymous said…
probably the dog also was trying to overcome his fears...when he chased you.. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Principle 1.

Killer V.

Choice to choose.