At your (dis)service

Getting bitter about people and circumstances can be so easy at times…heck, its easy all the time. Its so often a product of what you value against what others do…or difference in perspectives or simply not getting what you want. I find myself either irate or depressed or frustrated a lot these days. It’s like I’m asked to order what I want to eat and everytime I order something…its either not available/ will take years to make/ if made, doesn’t taste the same.

 

“An orange juice, please.”

 

“Sorry, not available”

 

“Do you have pineapple?”

 

“Yes, but we dont serve pineapple juice..it will be served diced”

 

“Umm..ok, do you have vanilla ice cream to accompany it?”

 

“No..we have Strawberry”

 

(Strawberry & Pineapple??)

 

“Ok..then can you get me a strawberry milk shake?”

 

“No, we don’t have milk”

 

“Great. Then just get me the strawberry icecream?”

 

“Sure. Will be served by another guy who’ll be here in 30 mins…I’m off my shift.”

 

Get the drift? I start with Orange juice and end up with Strawberry icecream..that too served at leisure. I face this at work daily…what am I supposed to do, if not get irritated?!!  Grr!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Principle 1.

Killer V.

Principle 4.