Corp (Crap) Life

I caught up with a colleague from my previous business unit and as usual, gossip was in the air. Somethings never cease to surprise me. How being visible matters more than being efficient. How some business decisions are made just to appease to some big guy’s senses. How slogging your ass off is no guarantee for any acknowledgement, leave alone recognition. How for some people their positions and titles mean so much, that they are willing to be as mean as possible. How its easy to stab your peer in the back…and how hollow people can be.

 

What amazes me is…how difficult is it for people to be nice?? To simply acknowledge that someone did a good job…to be courteous. Why are people so secretive about their promotions and movements? Why cant an organization be confident enough to be transparent? Why do people hush about someone’s growth? Why doesn’t that person him/herself talk about it unless asked?

 

I used to think that maybe I wasn’t up to it…but now when I see a pattern emerging, I realize…I didn’t want to be part of something like this. It’s not me…it’s how they are. Insecure.

 

Jeez. I guess my latest stand on not taking my job seriously is right. Not the people, not the dynamics. Nothing’s worth it. And to measure one’s worth by depending on such a set is humiliating to self. Life cant be just this. Experiences cant be just this. Happiness definitely cant be this. Life outside work is no more a choice. It’s critical if you wanna survive and be sane.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Principle 1.

Killer V.

Principle 4.