Travel Journals

There's something about travels. After reading this by Vipul, I took a trip down the memory lane.

I aint someone who enjoys traveling. Or so I thought. It turned out to be one of the thousand things which I think I dont like and end up doing. Shows how warped my sense of my own liking & disliking is :). I discover that I dont like lengthy commuting...which am sure most of us dont.

Coming back to the point, there is something about traveling & journeys. I've been to just 3 places wherein we just backpacked and left. Agra, Mussorie & Manali. There's this suspended feeling...you know...you are in a place where nobody knows you...every moment is a discovery...you try to hold on your own when your being actually wants to get lost amidst the unknown crowds...you feel so...fulfilled. The feeling makes you realise there's so much more to life than office & home drudgery. It's been close to 6 months since my last travel...but I can still recall how I felt when I looked up into the skies and found snow capped hills, clouds bellowing, birds frolicking, the Sun dull and sense of serenity about the whole scene.

On one such trip to Mussorie, the highway was closed due to some reason and all cars had to take a bypass. This bypass went through a hamlet which had never seen such a caravan before. The roads(?) were bad, but the air in that village..musty...laid back...thatched roofs...hens & goats running around...people peeking out of windows...curious looks....it was 7 am...and yet the whole place looked like it could afford a slumber of couple of more hours. At such times, you just feel like standing still and soaking the whole atmosphere in. It helps you gain that "tehraav" in your self which is like a river....flowing full speed downstream...no controls...no checks.

Ummm....I like traveling :)...I could do with some more of such memories :). Ah...just one more wish if my God could fulfill....get me this! :)


© Z.

Comments

Akshay said…
travelling...i love it...anyways..it nice coming here
Cheers
Akshay
PS: i must say Nikon camera is one gr8 choice.
Ye manzilen !! said…
"cheez" to aap ne acchi mangi hai. Magar u dont need a God to have it. Do you?

I have a Canon Rebel that I have been wanting to loan to someone....

Traveling makes one philosophical and reinforces that it is all a journey, and we all are JUST PASSING THRU! ( wether we respond to comments on this blog or not, that is)
LOL
Anonymous said…
keeping a written note of travels is one way of reliving the moments again. I mostly write about all my trips and i dearly wish i had written about them. of course not everything can be described in words and so it is better to have a camera. till now i have to rely on my phone and it is not a substitute to a camera.
Lady Z said…
@ Akshay - Glad u liked it...btwm this place changes its look every fortnight :D! Thanks for dropping by :)

@ Sayed - Ok..ok..I get the point :P

@ Junat - I have a phone one too...and it can kill you sometimes...a break taking scenery and your sad 2 mp camera :(.
Ye manzilen !! said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ye manzilen !! said…
Its about time...u get it!
Acchi hai nayi wali design....

Dilon ka khoon Aasman main hai...as a poet might say!
Ye manzilen !! said…
Eid ki shopping ho gayi? Is baar chaand kidhar hai?
Lady Z said…
@ Sayed - Well...I was never into shopping....mom shipped all the goodies ;)

Eid Mubarak! :)
Ye manzilen !! said…
Eid Mubarak...Accha hai you are saving money, huh!

Please go on a shopping spree and ask ur friends to do that to. We need to get the world out of subprime mess...

Popular posts from this blog

Principle 1.

Killer V.

Principle 4.